FIRST LEGAL DISTILLERY IN MISSISSIPPI
Mississippi outlawed alcohol in 1907 and, in 1966, became the last state to repeal prohibition. Fast forward 104 years and two fine gents, Austin Evans and Richard Patrick, fired up the state’s first legal still. Along with a passion for fine spirits, these gents have a thirst for Mississippi’s live music, folk art and writings. When the boys aren’t making hooch, you might spot ‘em at a juke joint, soaking up inspiration for their next batch of goodness from Cathead.
- Address422 S Farish St Jackson, Mississippi
- CategoryAttractions, Explore Local
- LocationDowntown Jackson, Jackson
- Tagscathead vodka, distillery, Downtown Jackson, Jackson, Mississippi, museums in jackson, things to do in jackson, tours in jackon
- Operating HoursPublic Hours at Cathead Distillery are Thursdays 3-6pm, Fridays 3-7 pm & Saturdays 1-7 pm. Tours start at the top of every hour and typically last about 30 minutes.
- By admin
- Email: email@example.com